Curry In a Hurry1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 tspcurry powder
1 tspgarlic clove, crushed
1 lbtomatoes, canned, whole and chopped
1 tspginger, crushed (optional)
1 Tbspheavy cream, (optional)
1/4 ccoriander, fresh and minced
1/2 tsplemon juice
1/4 tspchili powder
How to Make Curry In a Hurry
- NOTE: May substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts for shrimp.
- If using shrimp, clean and devein; saute them lightly on both sides until they become pinkish, then set aside.
- If using chicken, cut the meat into 1" strips and set aside.
- In a saucepan or wok, heat the oil and "splutter fry" the curry powder and red chili powder and then the garlic rapidly for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, then add the ginger, if desired, and salt; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken or shrimp, and simmer until cooked (3-5 minutes for the shrimp, 6-10 minutes for the chicken).
- Finally, simmer on high heat until the oil floats to the top for a minute or so.
- Remember that overcooking or overspicing can kill the curry; use the optional cream to tame the curry or adjust the flavor.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.