crispy honey lime tilapia
4fresh or thawed talapia filets
2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbsplime juice
1 tsplime zest
2 clovegarlic, crushed
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
2 Tbspolive oil for frying
·additional honey and lime zest mixed for drizzling
How to Make crispy honey lime tilapia
- 60 minutes before cooking season tilapia filets with salt and pepper then lay in a baking dish or into a large ziplock bag.
- In a bowl combine olive oil, honey, lime juice, zest, crushed garlic and whisk until combined.
- Pour over tilapia and let marinate for an hour. Add flour a bit more salt, pepper and lime zest to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron or a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Dredge each piece tilapia through the flour until you have a very light coating.
- Make sure the pan is hot. Add tilapia to the oil and cook until flaky and crispy on each side about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove tilapia from pan and let drain on a paper towel for a few minutes. Serve with an additional drizzle of lime and honey.