☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 ptshucked oysters, do not drain
1 clight cream
1 Tbsplemon juice
4 slicelightly buttered toast
How to Make Creamed Oysters
- Drain oysters and reserve 1/4 cup liquid.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over moderate heat, blend in flour, slowly add cream, and heat stirring until thickened.
- Add reserved liquid, lemon juice, nutmeg and paprika, reduce heat and simmer, stirring 1 minute.
- Add oysters and cook, swirling pan occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes until edges begin to curl.
- Serve as is or spooned over buttered toast.