By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 12 large
- shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp
- green onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 dash(es)
- hot pepper sauce
- 5.5 oz
- canned crab meat, drained, flaked, cartilage removed
- 2 Tbsp
- fine dried bread crumbs
- lemon wedges
How to Make Crab-Topped Shrimp
- 1Thaw large shrimp, if fozen.
- 2To shell fresh or thawed shrimp, open each shell lengthwise down the body.
- 3Hold the shrimp in one hand and carefully peel back the shell starting with the head end.
- 4Gently pull on the tail portion of the shell to remove the entire shell.
- 5Butterfly shrimp by cutting down the back almost but not all the way through; remove vein.
- 6Repeat with remaining shrimp and set aside.
- 7In a small nonmetal bowl, micro-cook sliced green onion and the butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until the green onion is tender.
- 8Stir in lemon juice and bottled hot pepper sauce.
- 9Toss with the flaked crab meat and fine dry bread crumbs.
- 10Spread shrimp open and place, cut side up, in two 10-ounce oval casseroles.
- 11Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
- 12Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 minutes, rotating the casseroles a half-turn once.
- 13Drain off liquid and rearrange shrimp, placing the least-cooked portions to the outside of the casseroles.
- 14Spoon crab mixture over shrimp.
- 15Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power about 2 1/2 minutes or until shrimp are done and crab mixture is heated through, rotating the casseroles a half-turn once.
- 16Serve with lemon wedges.