By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 largeshrimp, fresh or frozen
2 Tbspgreen onion, sliced
1 tsplemon juice
1 dash(es)hot pepper sauce
5.5 ozcanned crab meat, drained, flaked, cartilage removed
2 Tbspfine dried bread crumbs
How to Make Crab-Topped Shrimp
- Thaw large shrimp, if fozen.
- To shell fresh or thawed shrimp, open each shell lengthwise down the body.
- Hold the shrimp in one hand and carefully peel back the shell starting with the head end.
- Gently pull on the tail portion of the shell to remove the entire shell.
- Butterfly shrimp by cutting down the back almost but not all the way through; remove vein.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp and set aside.
- In a small nonmetal bowl, micro-cook sliced green onion and the butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until the green onion is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Toss with the flaked crab meat and fine dry bread crumbs.
- Spread shrimp open and place, cut side up, in two 10-ounce oval casseroles.
- Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 minutes, rotating the casseroles a half-turn once.
- Drain off liquid and rearrange shrimp, placing the least-cooked portions to the outside of the casseroles.
- Spoon crab mixture over shrimp.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power about 2 1/2 minutes or until shrimp are done and crab mixture is heated through, rotating the casseroles a half-turn once.
- Serve with lemon wedges.