Crab Quiche- Easy
And we always had fresh lemons on our small backyard lemon tree. We were more than ready for fresh crab dinners.
This crust-less quiche is just one recipe I learned to make back then. It can be a main dish served with a salad or cut into smaller sections and serve as an appetizer.
One warning... its not low-cal. :)
- 1 can(s)
- (6 ounces) crab meat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- or use fresh crab meat, cooked and flaked
- 1/2 c
- shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Tbsp
- chopped green onion
- 6 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 can(s)
- (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp
- ground mustard
- 1/2-1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon zest, finely grated
How to Make Crab Quiche- Easy
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
Mix together crab meat, zucchini, cheese, and onions. Press onto bottom and sides of prepared pie plate.
- 2Lightly beat eggs. Add milk, mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Stir together to combine well.
Pour into pie plate on top of seafood mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, as desired.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Let sit for 8-10 minutes before cutting.
- 3Cut into 6 slices to serve as a main dish. Great with a fresh salad and French bread.
Or cut into 12 or more small slices for an appetizer.