Crab Meat AuGratin
1 lblump crab meat
1 1/2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cfinely chopped onion
1/4 cfinely chopped green onion
1 Tbspfinely chopped garlic
1/4 cfinely chopped celery
1/4 cbell pepper finely chopped
1/4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 cwhipping cream
1 lbcream cheese
1 tspcayenne pepper
1 cpanko bread crumbs
3egg yolks, well beaten
How to Make Crab Meat AuGratin
- In sauce pan melt butter on medium heat.
- Add onions, green onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add flour a little at a time stirring until all mixed.
- Cook 5 more minutes stirring constantly, make sure no flour sticks; be sure your stove is on low.
- Slowly add whipping cream, stirring constantly until all is added.
- Add cream cheese and blend until melted. Cook until mixture thickens.
- Stir in salt, peppers, egg yolks stir another 1-2 minutes.
- Add panko crumbs.
- Remove from heat and fold in crab meat and half of the cheddar cheese until mixed well.
- Try not to break up lumps of crab meat too much.
- Put in a greased dish and spread remaining cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.