Crab Asparagus Hotdish
1 - 10 oz*package of frozen asparagus, thawed and drained
1 c*flaked crab meat
1/2 ccheddar, shredded
4 Tbspbutter, divided
1/2 tspground mustard
2 tsplemon juice
1 cbread crumbs
How to Make Crab Asparagus Hotdish
- Place asparagus into a 2 quart casserole dish that that has been sprayed with non stick spray. Top with crab, sprinkle cheese over crab and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoon butter, stir in flour until smooth. Whisk in milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon and pour over asparagus mixture...
- Melt remaining butter, toss with crumbs and sprinkle over top of casserole, bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.
- *I use fresh asparagus that I've steamed
*I use a good imitation crab you get from the meat department at most grocery stores, and chop it up a bit.