Cold Poached Salmon With Mustard Lime Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 6 c
- 2.5 c
- dry white wine
- salmon, skinless filet
- white pepper
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 6 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 4 tsp
- fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- grated lime peel
- fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
How to Make Cold Poached Salmon With Mustard Lime Sauce
- 1Pour 3 cups water and 1 1/4 cups wine into each of 2 large skillets and bring to boil.
- 2Turn off heat.
- 3Season salmon with salt and white pepper.
- 4Place 3 filets in each skillet; let stand 6 minutes.
- 5Turn salmon over in liquid; let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Bring liquid in skillets just to simmer and cook until salmon is just cooked through, about 30 seconds.
- 7Using slotted spatula, transfer salmon to platter.
- 8Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours or up to 1 day.
- 9Let salmon stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
- 10Stir sour cream, mustard, lime juice, honey and lime peel in bowl to blend.
- 11Cover; chill until cold, at least 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.)
- 12Arrange salmon on plates.
- 13Drizzle with some sauce.
- 14Top with basil.
- 15Serve, passing remaining sauce separately.