Cold Poached Salmon With Mustard Lime Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2.5 cdry white wine
6salmon, skinless filet
1 csour cream
6 Tbspdijon mustard
4 tspfresh lime juice
1 tspgrated lime peel
·fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
How to Make Cold Poached Salmon With Mustard Lime Sauce
- Pour 3 cups water and 1 1/4 cups wine into each of 2 large skillets and bring to boil.
- Turn off heat.
- Season salmon with salt and white pepper.
- Place 3 filets in each skillet; let stand 6 minutes.
- Turn salmon over in liquid; let stand 5 minutes.
- Bring liquid in skillets just to simmer and cook until salmon is just cooked through, about 30 seconds.
- Using slotted spatula, transfer salmon to platter.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours or up to 1 day.
- Let salmon stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
- Stir sour cream, mustard, lime juice, honey and lime peel in bowl to blend.
- Cover; chill until cold, at least 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.)
- Arrange salmon on plates.
- Drizzle with some sauce.
- Top with basil.
- Serve, passing remaining sauce separately.