Coconut Beer Shrimp With Sweet and Tangy Sauce
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The addition of coconut to this breading is an act of genius! Plate these up for your next cocktail party or game night. The Test Kitchen
3 tspCreole seasoning
1 1/4 cflour
2 Tbspbaking powder
48 largeraw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails
1bag sweetened coconut, shredded
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
2 corange marmalade
1/4 cDijon mustard
1 1/2 Tbsphorseradish
How to Make Coconut Beer Shrimp With Sweet and Tangy Sauce
- Combine eggs, beer, 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning, flour and baking powder.
- Blend well.
- Dip the shrimp in beer batter and roll in coconut.
- Fry in oil heated to 350 in deep fryer, wok or deep saucepan.
- The oil should be at least 1-1/2" deep.
- Drop shrimp in a few at a time and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- SAUCE - Blend together dipping sauce ingredients.