Classic New England Lobster Roll
2 lbfreshly picked lobster meat, chilled & chopped into chunks
1 ccelery, chopped (3-4 stalks) *see note
3/4 to 1 chellmann's or best foods mayonnaise
1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
6 Tbsp(3/4 stick) unsalted butter, softened
6hot dog buns
How to Make Classic New England Lobster Roll
- In a medium bowl, combine the lobster meat, celery, and mayonnaise and gently toss until well mixed.
- Season with salt & pepper;
- Cill for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight before serving.
- Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium flame; lightly butter both sides of each bun and cook for 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- When toasted, stuff them with the chilled lobster salad and serve immediately.
- NOTE: when celery is chopped, it tends to release its natural moisture, which can water down the lobster salad and make it soupy. To avoid this, chop the celery, wrap it in a dry paper towel or several paper towels, and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, allowing the towel to absorb any excess moisture.