How to Make Clam Stuffing
- 1Drain clams and reserve liqueur. Remove clam stomachs and finely mince. Set aside.
Cut ingredients in half for smaller fish, and double it if stuffing a turkey.
- 2Melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat.
Add onion, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, and pinch of paprika. Sauté mixture for about 3 minutes until onion becomes golden brown.
- 3Break egg into large mixing bowl and beat well.
Add bread crumbs and sautée mixture. Blend well.
- 4Add minced clams and blend thoroughly.
If stuffing is too dry add clam liqueur by the teaspoons until desired level of moistness is reached. Makes enough to stuff a 4 lb fish.
- 5Cut ingredients in half for smaller fish, and double it if stuffing a turkey.