Cheesy Shrimp Over Rice
1 1/2 lbshrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
·old bay seasoning (to taste)
2 stalk(s)celery, finely sliced
2shallots, finely diced
110 3/4 ounce can condensed cheddar cheese soup
110 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of shrimp soup
1/4 cdry white wine
6slices provolone cheese, divided
1 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese, divided
28.5 ounce pouches ready cooked jasmine rice
·dried parsley flakes (for garnish)
How to Make Cheesy Shrimp Over Rice
- Cook shrimp as usual, using Old Bay seasoning to taste. Drain, cool, peel and devein, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, over medium to high heat, heat the butter until melted. Add the celery and shallots, Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the cheese soup, cream of shrimp soup, wine and the cooking liquid from the shrimp. Mix well and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 slices of the Provolone (torn into pieces) and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
- Add the shrimp, mix well and transfer to prepared casserole.
- Top with remaining cheeses. First, lay slices of Provolone on top and then sprinkle evenly with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted, hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with dried parsley flakes.
- Serve over rice.