Cheesy Shrimp Over Rice
- 1 1/2 lb
- shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- old bay seasoning (to taste)
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, finely sliced
- shallots, finely diced
- 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of shrimp soup
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- slices provolone cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8.5 ounce pouches ready cooked jasmine rice
- dried parsley flakes (for garnish)
How to Make Cheesy Shrimp Over Rice
- 1Cook shrimp as usual, using Old Bay seasoning to taste. Drain, cool, peel and devein, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3In a 2 quart saucepan, over medium to high heat, heat the butter until melted. Add the celery and shallots, Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the cheese soup, cream of shrimp soup, wine and the cooking liquid from the shrimp. Mix well and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add 2 slices of the Provolone (torn into pieces) and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
- 5Add the shrimp, mix well and transfer to prepared casserole.
- 6Top with remaining cheeses. First, lay slices of Provolone on top and then sprinkle evenly with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 7Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted, hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with dried parsley flakes.
- 8Serve over rice.