Charlotte Hughes's Salmon Loaf
WEDNESDAY NIGHT SALMON LOAF SUPPER
1 can(s)salmon, canned
1 1/2 cbread crumbs, dry (from toast)
1 cchopped onion
1/2 ccanned milk
pinchsalt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Charlotte Hughes's Salmon Loaf
- Separate eggs and set aside egg whites in med. sized mixing bowl.
- Empty salmon from can and remove any bones, skin or other yukky stuff
- Toast 4 pieces of bread and break into pieces. Do not pulverize. ...about 1 1/2 cups.
- Chop one small onion into small bits.... about a cup.
- Mix above ingredients (egg yellows, salmon, bread crumbs and onions) and add the canned milk. Mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whip egg whites to the soft peak stage, and FOLD into salmon mixture. Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Place in pre heated oven and bake at 375º for 45 min. Serve with creamed peas.