Charlotte Hughes's Salmon Loaf
How to Make Charlotte Hughes's Salmon Loaf
- 1Separate eggs and set aside egg whites in med. sized mixing bowl.
- 2Empty salmon from can and remove any bones, skin or other yukky stuff
- 3Toast 4 pieces of bread and break into pieces. Do not pulverize. ...about 1 1/2 cups.
- 4Chop one small onion into small bits.... about a cup.
- 5Mix above ingredients (egg yellows, salmon, bread crumbs and onions) and add the canned milk. Mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper.
- 6In a medium sized mixing bowl whip egg whites to the soft peak stage, and FOLD into salmon mixture. Pour into greased loaf pan.
- 7Place in pre heated oven and bake at 375º for 45 min. Serve with creamed peas.