☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cyellow cornmeal
2 tspfresh thyme, chopped
1 tsplemon peel, grated
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1 Tbspvegetable oil
2catfish fillets, 6-ounces each
6 Tbspwhipping cream
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
How to Make Catfish with Herbed Lemon Cream
- Combine cornmeal, thyme, lemon peel, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper in bowl.
- Reserve 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture.
- Heat oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush fish on both sides with 1 tablespoon cream; coat on both sides with seasoning mixture in bowl.
- Add to skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fish to 2 plates.
- Stir lemon juice into same skillet, scraping up browned bits.
- Stir in reserved 1 teaspoon seasoning mixture.
- Whisk in remaining 5 tablespoons cream.
- Boil until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over fish.