Catfish Pecan with Lemon Thyme Pecan Butter - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
I found this recipe in my 2005 Southern Living Cookbook.
I can't claim this recipe but I do claim it's tried and true!
- 1 1/2 c
- pecan halves, divided
- 3/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- creole seasoning, divided
- 1 large
- 1 c
- 6-ounch catfish, flounder, redfish, or bass fillets
- 1 c
- butter, divided
- 2 large
- lemons, halved
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 6 large
- fresh thyme sprigs
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme, lemon slices for garnishes
How to Make Catfish Pecan with Lemon Thyme Pecan Butter - Dee Dee's
- 1PROCESS ¾ cup pecans, flour, and 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning in a food processor until finely ground; place pecan mixture in a large shallow bowl, and set aside.
- 2WHISK together eggs and milk in large bowl, and set aside.
- 3SPRINKLE both sides of fillets evenly with remaining ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning.
- 4DIP catfish fillets in egg mixture, draining off excess; dredge fillets in pecan mixture, coating both sides, shake off excess.
- 5MELT 2 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until butter starts to bubble. Place 2 fillets in skillet, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack in a jellyroll pan, and keep warm in a 200º oven. WIPE skillet clean, and repeat procedure with remaining fillets.
- 6WIPE skillet clean. Melt remaining ½ cup butter in skillet over high heat; add remaining ¾ cup pecans, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted. Squeeze juice from lemon halves into skillet; place lemon halves cut side down in skillet. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook 30 seconds or until thyme wilts and becomes very aromatic. Remove and discard lemon halves and wilted thyme.
- 7PLACE fish on a serving platter; spoon pecan mixture over fish. Garnish, if desired.
- 8NOTE: It's important to wipe the skillet clean each time this recipe calls for wiping it clean or you will end up with some burnt crust.