Carolines with Asparagus and Lemon1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Carolines with Asparagus and Lemon
- Cook the asparagus and cool in cold water. Reserve.
- Prepare the sauce by boiling the lemon juice with 1/4 cup water and the shallots. Let simmer until the liquid is completely evaporated.
- Add the cream and let boil until thick.
- Whisk in the butter cut into cubes, keeping the pan over the heat.
- Remove when the butter is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper, add chopped dill.
- Reheat the asparagus by pouring boiling water on towel into which the separated asparagus have been placed.
- If using crabmeat, place the crabmeat in a small pan with 1/2 of the butter sauce and heat.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Make a pate a choux.
- Cut each choux in half.
- Place some crabmeat in the bottom of each and place 3 asparagus spears on top.
- Cover with some lemon butter sauce and place the top of the choux on to cover.