Carolines with Asparagus and Lemon1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Carolines with Asparagus and Lemon
- 1Cook the asparagus and cool in cold water. Reserve.
- 2Prepare the sauce by boiling the lemon juice with 1/4 cup water and the shallots. Let simmer until the liquid is completely evaporated.
- 3Add the cream and let boil until thick.
- 4Whisk in the butter cut into cubes, keeping the pan over the heat.
- 5Remove when the butter is melted.
- 6Season with salt and pepper, add chopped dill.
- 7Reheat the asparagus by pouring boiling water on towel into which the separated asparagus have been placed.
- 8If using crabmeat, place the crabmeat in a small pan with 1/2 of the butter sauce and heat.
- 9Do not allow to boil.
- 10Make a pate a choux.
- 11Cut each choux in half.
- 12Place some crabmeat in the bottom of each and place 3 asparagus spears on top.
- 13Cover with some lemon butter sauce and place the top of the choux on to cover.