- 1/2 c
- prepared american-style chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- hot red pepper sauce
- 1/2 c
- orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 clove
- garlic,crushed through a press
- 2 pkg
- extra large (26/30 per pound) shrimp
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 3 large
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- salt and pepper
GOOD AND SPICY COCKTAIL SAUCE
LADY MARMALADE SAUCE
How to Make Butterflied Shrimp with Double Dips
- 1To make the cocktail sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and let stand at room temp for 1 hour.
- 2To make marmalade sauce: In a small saucepan, melt the marmalade over low heat. Stir in the mustard and garlic. Let stand in a warm place until ready to serve.
- 3Preheat the oven to 200. Peel and devein the shrimp, keeping the tail intact. To butterfly the shrimp, using a small sharp knife, cut into the deveining incision of each shrimp, cutting almost, but not completely through to the underside. Open up the shrimp like a book.
- 4Pour enough oil into a large skillet, preferably a cast iron, to come halfway up the sides. Heat over medium-high heat until the oil is very hot, but not smoking.(if using a electric skillet, heat to 365)
- 5In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Place the flour in another medium bowl. Frying the shrimp in 2 or 3 batches, dip the shrimp in the egg and then coat with the flour, shaking off the excess flour. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using the skimmer or slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a paper towel lined baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while frying the remaining shrimp.
- 6Season the fried shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with the dips.