Kat's Blackberry Glazed Salmom
4salmon, skinless filet
1 pkgfresh or frozen blackberries
3 tsplemon juice, fresh, or concentrate
·salt and pepper
1 tspbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Kat's Blackberry Glazed Salmom
- In a medium sauce pan add blackberries, lemon juice, and 3 or 4 disk cut from the ginger, cover with the water and bring to a hard boil, reduce heat and let slow boil for about 10 minutes,
- Strain the blackberries and add the juice back to the sauce pan, add the sugar butter and balsamic vinegar let reduce down until a little thick
- Place salmon on a non stick baking pan or pan covered with foil and sprayed with cooking spray, salt and pepper top of salmon, spread the blackberry glaze onto each piece, bake for 12 minutes at 375, then turn oven to broil and broil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- I served mine with Pan fried Asparagus : 1 bunch fresh asparagus, washed and snapped, in medium skillet turn eye to high , add olive oil about 1 tsp, add asparagus and kosher salt, cover skillet and cook for 2 minutes on high,, i just shake mine to roll it around, while this is cooking in a small bowl whisk together 4tsp lemon juice, 1tbs mustard, salt pepper and 1/4 cup olive oil, pour over asparagus after plating.
- If the blackberry glaze does not reduce down to get thick make a rouge with 1/4 cold water and 2tsp flour, whisk with fork and add slowly to glaze until thick