Black-Pepper Salmon with Dill Smashed Potatoes
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbsmall red potatoes (about 1 1/2-inches in diameter)
4 6-ozsalmon steaks, about 3/4-inch thick
1 Tbspcoarssely ground black pepper
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1/4 cchopped dill
·sour cream, accompaniment
How to Make Black-Pepper Salmon with Dill Smashed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
- Cover potatoes with water in a medium saucepan and season well with salt. Simmer, uncovered, until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While potatoes cook, pat salmon dry and season with a rounded 1/2 teaspoon salt (total). Put salmon in a lightly oiled 4-sided sheet pan and press pepper on top. Bake until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, then transfer to a bowl and very coarsely mash. Stir in oil and dill and season with salt.
- Serve salmon with potatoes.