Black-Pepper Salmon with Dill Smashed Potatoes
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 lb
- small red potatoes (about 1 1/2-inches in diameter)
- 4 6-oz
- salmon steaks, about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 Tbsp
- coarssely ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c
- chopped dill
- sour cream, accompaniment
How to Make Black-Pepper Salmon with Dill Smashed Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
- 2Cover potatoes with water in a medium saucepan and season well with salt. Simmer, uncovered, until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 3While potatoes cook, pat salmon dry and season with a rounded 1/2 teaspoon salt (total). Put salmon in a lightly oiled 4-sided sheet pan and press pepper on top. Bake until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4Drain potatoes, then transfer to a bowl and very coarsely mash. Stir in oil and dill and season with salt.
- 5Serve salmon with potatoes.