Beer-Steamed Shrimp with Tomato Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 tsp
- tomatoes, seeded and diced
- red bell pepper, finely chopped
- jalapeno pepper, pickled and minced
- red onion, finely chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
- green onions, finely chopped
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- lime juiced
- 1 bottle
- 1 Tbsp
- shrimp boil seasoning
- 2 lb
- shrimp, cleaned and deveined
How to Make Beer-Steamed Shrimp with Tomato Sauce
- 1Make salsa: Sprinkle salt over tomatoes in colander and toss gently.
- 2Let drain 10 minutes. Combine bell pepper, jalapenos, onion, scallions, garlic, parsley pepper, and lime juice in mixing bowl.
- 3Toss gently and stir in drained tomatoes.
- 4Let stand at room temperature 30-60 minutes.
- 5Shrimp: Heat beer and shrimp boil seasoning to boiling in bottom of steamer.
- 6Place shrimp in steaming rack and steam tightly covered for 2 minutes.
- 7Stir once, then continue to steam just until shrimp turn pink, 1-2 minutes longer.
- 8Transfer shrimp to serving platter.
- 9If salsa is too watery, pour off excess liquid.
- 10Add salsa to shrimp and toss to combine.
- 11Serve hot, at room temperature or chilled.