"BEER-BATTERED FISH" & SEAFOOD
"Beer Batter" seems to be the one I go back to often.Excellent on Halibut, & Shrimp, I even use this Batter on Vegetables and deep fry. Batter fried Vegies is also used in Japanese cooking.
·vegetable oil for deep frying
1 lbfish fillet or uncooked deveined large shrimp. thaw if frozen
3-4 Tbspbisquick (original)
2 Tbspcornstarch heaping
1/2 tspgarlic pdr . . .or (use garlic salt and omit the salt.)
1 cbisquick (original)
How to Make "BEER-BATTERED FISH" & SEAFOOD
- Heat the Oil. about 2 inchs in Heavy skilet or saucepan or Deep Fryer to 350 degrees.
- Rinse Seafood well,Cut fish into desired size pieces. Then with 3-4 tbs Bisquick, Coat lightly with the Bisquick.
- Mix the remaining Ingredients together in a bowl, beat well til batter is smooth. (If Batter is too thick add a little more beer, a little at a time, until desired consistency) Batter should be of thick Consistency to stay on fish and coat well. Not too thick, But Not too thin.
- Dip Seafood into batter, allowing excess to drip into bowl.
- Drop fish into the Hot Oil,(Be careful not to burn yourself) Fry to golden Brn on both sides about 2 minutes on each side. Drain.
Serve Hot, with Malt Vinegar, Lemon, or Tartar Sauce.
Oven Baked taters, or Oven French fries and a cold slaw. Or Just a Nice tossed Salad, and You have a full Meal, to Enjoy.
Suggestion: Idea: Use this batter on vegies, Asparagus, Green beans, Onions, Bell Peppers all colors, Carrots, Zucchini. To name a few, and deep fry.