Bay Mussels in white wine
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 cshallots, minced
4 oz(1 stick) salted butter
2 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cscallions, finely chopped
1 cdry white wine
2 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
2 Tbspfresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 tspdried oregano
·freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 lbmussels, rinsed
How to Make Bay Mussels in white wine
- In a large pot, saute garlic and shallots in the butter and olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the garlic and shallots are lightly browned.
- Add the scallions and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add wine, basil, parsley, oregano, and pepper. Simmer for another minute; add mussels/clams.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, until mussels/clams open, stirring halfway through.
- Discard any mussels/clams that do not open.