Baltimore Crab Cakes
1 tspold bay or other seafood seasoning
1 Tbsppimientos, chopped
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1 tspground mustard
1 tsplemon juice
4ritz crackers, crushed
1 tspparsley flakes
1 lbbackfin crabmeat
How to Make Baltimore Crab Cakes
- Preheat oven on broiler setting. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place all ingredients, except crab meat in medium-sized bowl; mix.
- Fold in backfin, taking care not to break up lumps.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Traditional Baltimore crab cakes are preferred broiled. Broil 8-10 minutes on each side until browned.
- You may also pan fry. In a large saute pan, pour 2 tablespoons oil (my mom used peanut oil). Gently lay the cakes and pan fry until browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Drain cakes on paper towels.