Baked Smoked Salmon and Feta Cheese En Croute1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 oz
- smoked salmon, diced
- 6 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz
- feta cheese
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- capers, drained
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
- green onions, topped and diced
- 1 Tbsp
- poppy seeds
- pastry sheet, frozen
- butter, melted
How to Make Baked Smoked Salmon and Feta Cheese En Croute
- 1Cut pastry sheet into a 3" X 8" rectangle.
- 2Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 3In a medium bowl, hand mix the salmon, cream cheese, feta cheese, egg, capers, parsley and scallions.
- 4Roll out the pastry sheet to double its size.
- 5Liberally brush it with melted butter.
- 6Spread the salmon mixture over the sheet.
- 7Roll up, jelly-roll style, folding the ends in to seal.
- 8Brush the top of the roll with melted butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 9Make 1/2 inch deep diagonal slashes across the roll to allow steam to escape.
- 10Bake the roll for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- 11Serve warm.