Baked Salmon in Foil
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Baked Salmon in Foil
- Lay a piece of silver foil, large enough to wrap the salmon in a very loose parcel, on a baking tray.
- If the salmon is to be served hot, grease the foil with the butter, or use the oil if serving the salmon cold.
- Thinly slice the lemon and put about half on the foil.
- Put the salmon on top, with a few slices of lemon inside and lay the rest of the lemon along the top of the salmon.
- Season generously and wrap loosely, making sure the edges are securely folded together so that no steam can escape.
- Put into a medium oven, Gas Mk 4,350F,180C, for 10 minutes per pound. If serving hot, take it out of the oven and let it stand for a further 10 minutes. If serving cold, leave the salmon in the foil for two to three hours.
- To serve: Unwrap the fish and gently pull off the skin.