Baked Orange Roughy with Cheese & Mushrooms1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 Tbsp
- 4 large
- green onions, chopped
- 1 lb
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 lb
- orange roughy filets
- 1/4 c
- white wine, dry
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- 4 slice
- cheese, in 1/2" strips
- 2 Tbsp
- bread crumbs
How to Make Baked Orange Roughy with Cheese & Mushrooms
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Grease a shallow 2-quart baking dish with butter.
- 3Evenly scatter the scallions and mushrooms over the bottom of the dish.
- 4Place filets on top in a single layer.
- 5(Overlap or tuck under, the thin ends of the filets).
- 6Mix wine and lemon juice together and pour over the fish.
- 7Sprinkle with marjoram and black pepper.
- 8Evenly distribute the cheese strips over the filets.
- 9Crumple a large piece of waxed paper and wet it.
- 10Shake off excess water and and place the paper loosely over the fish.
- 11Bake for about 7 minutes.
- 12Remove fish from the oven, take off the waxed paper.
- 13Sprinkle fish with bread crumbs.
- 14Bake another 7-9 minutes or until fish is just done.
- 15Remove the fish from the oven and heat the broiler and broil just long enough to brown the top of the filets, about 1 minute.
- 16Substitue: Cod, haddock, catfish, ocean perch or rockfish.