Baked Orange Roughy with Cheese & Mushrooms1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 largegreen onions, chopped
1 lbmushrooms, sliced
1.5 lborange roughy filets
1/4 cwhite wine, dry
2 Tbsplemon juice
·"just a pinch" of pepper
4 slicecheese, in 1/2" strips
2 Tbspbread crumbs
How to Make Baked Orange Roughy with Cheese & Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease a shallow 2-quart baking dish with butter.
- Evenly scatter the scallions and mushrooms over the bottom of the dish.
- Place filets on top in a single layer.
- (Overlap or tuck under, the thin ends of the filets).
- Mix wine and lemon juice together and pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle with marjoram and black pepper.
- Evenly distribute the cheese strips over the filets.
- Crumple a large piece of waxed paper and wet it.
- Shake off excess water and and place the paper loosely over the fish.
- Bake for about 7 minutes.
- Remove fish from the oven, take off the waxed paper.
- Sprinkle fish with bread crumbs.
- Bake another 7-9 minutes or until fish is just done.
- Remove the fish from the oven and heat the broiler and broil just long enough to brown the top of the filets, about 1 minute.
- Substitue: Cod, haddock, catfish, ocean perch or rockfish.