Baked Opakapaka (Snapper) With Macadamia Crust
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 lbpink snapper fillets
6 Tbspbutter, melted
1/2 tsppepper, freshly ground
1 Tbsplemon juice from 1/2 of a lemon
3/4 cground macadamia nuts, or almonds
1 Tbspminced parsley
How to Make Baked Opakapaka (Snapper) With Macadamia Crust
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Oil a baking pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Place the fish in the pan, and sprinkle with pepper and lemon juice.
- In a small skillet heat the rest of the butter. .
- Add the ground nuts.
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes making sure the mixture doesn't burn.
- Spread the mixture over the fish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
I like to add a clove of minced garlic and about 1/4 cup white wine. I only bake this fish for 8-10 minutes.