Baked Fish with Vegetables1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbred snapper, whole
·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
2potatoes, peeled and sliced
2tomatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cwhite wine, dry
How to Make Baked Fish with Vegetables
- Season fish inside and out with salt and pepper to taste and juice of 1/2 lemon.
- If filets are used, sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Place fennel leaves or seeds inside fish or sprinkle over filets.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Brown fish on both sides.
- Transfer fish and juices to 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Arrange onion and potato slices around fish and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, pour wine over fish and sprinkle with pernod.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork and potatoes are done.
- Serve from baking dish or arrange fish on large platter with tomatoes, potatoes and onions.
- Pour juices over fish and sprinkle with parsley.
- Garnish with remaining lemon halves.
- VARIATION: May substitute sea bass for red snapper.
- Pernod is a versatile, anise-flavored spirit that has been used in cocktails and cuisine for more than 200 years.