Baked Fish with Vegetables1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- red snapper, whole
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- lemons, halved
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- potatoes, peeled and sliced
- tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 c
- white wine, dry
- 3 Tbsp
- onion, sliced
How to Make Baked Fish with Vegetables
- 1Season fish inside and out with salt and pepper to taste and juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 2If filets are used, sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- 3Place fennel leaves or seeds inside fish or sprinkle over filets.
- 4Melt butter in large skillet.
- 5Brown fish on both sides.
- 6Transfer fish and juices to 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- 7Arrange onion and potato slices around fish and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- 8Add tomatoes, pour wine over fish and sprinkle with pernod.
- 9Bake 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork and potatoes are done.
- 10Serve from baking dish or arrange fish on large platter with tomatoes, potatoes and onions.
- 11Pour juices over fish and sprinkle with parsley.
- 12Garnish with remaining lemon halves.
- 13VARIATION: May substitute sea bass for red snapper.
- 14Pernod is a versatile, anise-flavored spirit that has been used in cocktails and cuisine for more than 200 years.