Baked Fish Supreme
This recipe is based on using the frozen tilapia. If larger, thicker fillets are used; you may need to adjust seasonings and cook time.
- 1 stick
- butter, salted (real butter - not margarine; it won't work)
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- parmesan cheese
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp
- cajun seasoning
- tilapia fillets
How to Make Baked Fish Supreme
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the stick of butter in a 9x13 casserole dish and place in oven while it's pre-heating. This is the key to this dish. You want to brown the butter until it's almost burned but NOT burned. It takes a few minutes to start browning but once it starts - it happens quick. I usually swirl the dish around so the butter browns evenly. Once it's all brown, take it out and set on the counter. (leave a pot holder on the sides of the dish so you remember it's HOT)
- 2Place the fish fillets in the browned butter. Sprinkle each fillet with the lemon juice, Worcestershire and then the Cajun seasoning. Place back in oven and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- 3Pull dish from oven and carefully turn fillets over. Repeat with the seasonings and this time, add the Parmesan cheese. Place back in oven and let cook until the fish is white and flaky throughout.
- 4When serving, after the fish is removed from the dish; pour the remaining butter into small containers and serve with the fish to dip it in.