Baja Fried Fish Tacos
- 1/3 c
- dark beer
- 1/3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp
- 12 oz
- cod fillets (each about 1/2 in. thick)
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- plain yogurt
- pepper to taste
- (6 inch) warm corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cabbage, the more its finely shredded the better
- salsa of your choice, optional
- lime wedges
How to Make Baja Fried Fish Tacos
- 1In a shallow bowl, combine beer, flour, and salt. Whisk to blend well. After it is mixed, let it settle at room temperature for an hour. ** Then whisk vigorously before dunking the fish in it. This will give your fish a lighter crispier taste on the outside.
- 2Rinse fish, pat dry, and cut into 4 equal pieces.
- 3In a deep, heavy pan, heat 1 inch of oil over medium-high heat to 360 degrees F on a deep-frying thermometer. Using a fork to turn fish, coat 2 pieces of fish with beer batter; lift out and drain briefly. Slide batter-coated fish into oil; turn up heat to maintain oil temperature. Cook, turning once, until fish is golden (about 2 minutes). Lift from oil with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on paper towels. Keep warm while you batter and fry remaining 2 pieces of fish.
- 4Mix the mayonnaise with the yogart and season with pepper to taste; set aside.
- 5*** To assemble each taco, stack 2 warmed tortillas; top with fish and a fourth of the cabbage. Spoon on the mayonnaise mixture and salsa to taste. Squeeze lime over filling; then fold tortillas to enclose filling and enjoy!