All-American Salmon Saute with Mushroom Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth, low salt
- 14 1/ oz
- mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- minced garlic cloves
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- yogurt, low-fat, plain
- 2 tsp
- salmon steaks
How to Make All-American Salmon Saute with Mushroom Sauce
- 1Pour broth into small saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce to 1 cup.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in oil in a large skillet over high heat 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and stir in garlic.
- 6Saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7Season with pepper.
- 8Add yogurt and cornstarch to reduced broth and whisk to blend.
- 9Whisk yogurt mixture into mushrooms.
- 10Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- 11Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 12Season salmon steaks with salt and pepper and saute in a lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium-high heat 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
- 13Turn once while cooking.
- 14Arrange each salmon steak on a dinner plate with reserved sauce.
- 15Serving suggestion: Try this with garlic mashed potatoes and buttered peas.