All-American Salmon Saute with Mushroom Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)chicken broth, low salt
14 1/ ozmushrooms, sliced
2 Tbspolive oil
2minced garlic cloves
·pepper to taste
1/2 cyogurt, low-fat, plain
How to Make All-American Salmon Saute with Mushroom Sauce
- Pour broth into small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce to 1 cup.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in oil in a large skillet over high heat 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in garlic.
- Saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper.
- Add yogurt and cornstarch to reduced broth and whisk to blend.
- Whisk yogurt mixture into mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Season salmon steaks with salt and pepper and saute in a lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium-high heat 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
- Turn once while cooking.
- Arrange each salmon steak on a dinner plate with reserved sauce.
- Serving suggestion: Try this with garlic mashed potatoes and buttered peas.