Zesty BBQ Crockpot Chicken
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp
- packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- ground mustard (i use yellow prepared if out of the ground)
- 1 clove
- garlic, finally chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped onion
- 1 can(s)
- green chiles (mild), or rotel tomatoes.
- 10-12 chicken legs depending on your preference.
How to Make Zesty BBQ Crockpot Chicken
- 1Heat all ingredients to boiling in saucepan over medium heat, except chicken, (If adding green chiles or rotel tomatoes, add them at this time also), stirring constantly, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I double and quadruple this recipe so I can freeze portions of it to use later. I take one serving out of the freezer the day before I intend to use it to let it defrost. Or zap until defrosted.
- 2Layer chicken thighs in crock pot pouring a little of the bbq sauce on top of each layer. Dump remaining sauce over top of chicken layers.
- 3Put lid on crock pot, set on low and forget about it until dinner time! Should cook on low setting in 6 to 8 hours. Chicken will be done in about 4 hours if high setting is used.
- 4I fix some rice to go with the chicken and sauce.Spoon out chicken and sauce over rice. Top with a little shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and/or some chopped green onions according to your family's taste. A large jar of mild salsa can be used in place of the BBQ sauce. Enjoy!