Yummy Cheezy Chicken Casserole
- 12 oz
- medium noodles
- cooking spray, butter flavor
- 1 lb
- diced cooked chicken, i use marketday diced tenderloins
- 1/2 bag
- frozen sliced carrots thawed
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c
- low fat sour cream
- 6 oz
- sharp cheddar shredded (you can substitute low fat)
- 1 c
- cottage cheese, small curd low fat
- 1/4 c
- onion diced fine
- 1 tsp
- dill weed
- 3/4 c
- skim milk
- small can of french fried onion
- shredded cheddar for top
How to Make Yummy Cheezy Chicken Casserole
- 1Spray a 9x15 or 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 350
- 2Start the water boiling to cook noodles.
- 3In a large bowl,combine Chicken,carrots,Soup, Sour cream, 6 oz shredded cheese, cottage cheese, onion and dill weed in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 4mix french fried onion and 1 cup shredded cheese together and set aside
- 5Cook noodles per package directions. Do not overcook.
- 6Drain the noodles. leave in pot and add ingredients from bowl and mix well.
- 7Dump into pan. Pour milk evenly over casserole and use a fork to help it filter down.
- 8Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. If you use chicken which is not frozen the time will be less.
- 9Remove from oven. Remove foil. Spread the onion cheese mix over top and put back into the oven uncovered for 15 minutes or until it is browned on top.
- 10This is a hearty meal all by itself.