By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbchicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless
7.5 oztomatoes, canned with juice
4 ozmushrooms, drained
1/3 ctomato sauce
1/4 cred wine, dry
1.5chicken bouillon cube
1/2garlic clove, minced
3/4 conions, small, frozen whole
How to Make Wine-Sauced Chicken
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the package, except use 4 cups of hot water in a large pan.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken into 3/4-inch strips.
- Spray a cold, large non-stick skillet with cooking spray, add the chicken and cook over medium-high heat just until tender and no longer pink (about 4 minutes) turning the pieces occasionally.
- Drain the mushrooms.
- Cut up the tomatoes but remember to save the juice.
- In a saucepan, combine the tomatoes and juice, the drained mushrooms, tomato sauce, wine, cornstarch, bouillon granules, garlic and basil.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the mixture thickens and is bubbly.
- Cook and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the chicken and the onions.
- Spoon the pasta to one side of 4 individual shallow baking dishes*.
- Spoon the tomato-chicken mixture on the other side.
- Cover with clear plastic wrap and then foil.
- Seal, label and freeze.
- RE-HEATING: Conventional oven: Remove plastic wrap.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake frozen casserole, covered, in a 375 oven for 1 hour or until heated through.
- Microwave oven: Remove foil. Cover with vented plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Cook on 70% power (medium-high) for 9 minutes (1 serving) or 16-18 minutes (2 servings) or until heated through, turning the dishes once.
- *Use microwave-safe dishes if the casseroles will be reheated in the microwave.