By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3.5 oz
- 1 lb
- chicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless
- 7.5 oz
- tomatoes, canned with juice
- 4 oz
- mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 c
- tomato sauce
- 1/4 c
- red wine, dry
- 1 Tbsp
- chicken bouillon cube
- garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 c
- onions, small, frozen whole
How to Make Wine-Sauced Chicken
- 1Cook noodles according to the directions on the package, except use 4 cups of hot water in a large pan.
- 2Drain and rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- 3Meanwhile, slice the chicken into 3/4-inch strips.
- 4Spray a cold, large non-stick skillet with cooking spray, add the chicken and cook over medium-high heat just until tender and no longer pink (about 4 minutes) turning the pieces occasionally.
- 5Drain the mushrooms.
- 6Cut up the tomatoes but remember to save the juice.
- 7In a saucepan, combine the tomatoes and juice, the drained mushrooms, tomato sauce, wine, cornstarch, bouillon granules, garlic and basil.
- 8Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the mixture thickens and is bubbly.
- 9Cook and stir for another 2 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Stir in the chicken and the onions.
- 12Spoon the pasta to one side of 4 individual shallow baking dishes*.
- 13Spoon the tomato-chicken mixture on the other side.
- 14Cover with clear plastic wrap and then foil.
- 15Seal, label and freeze.
- 16RE-HEATING: Conventional oven: Remove plastic wrap.
- 17Cover with foil.
- 18Bake frozen casserole, covered, in a 375 oven for 1 hour or until heated through.
- 19Microwave oven: Remove foil. Cover with vented plastic wrap or wax paper.
- 20Cook on 70% power (medium-high) for 9 minutes (1 serving) or 16-18 minutes (2 servings) or until heated through, turning the dishes once.
- 21*Use microwave-safe dishes if the casseroles will be reheated in the microwave.