★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 2 small
- 1/2 c
- original bbq sauce
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 clove
- whole 3lb chicken
- 1 pkg
- stove top stuffing mix for chicken
How to Make Whole Oven BBQ Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grate 1/2 tsp lemon peel; set aside. Cut lemons in half and squeeze juice into a small bowl, Set aside halves for later later use. Add BBQ sauce and seasoning to the lemon juice mix well. Place chicken in baking pan. place two of the lemon halves and the garlic cloves inside the cavities of the chicken. Rub remaining two lemon halves on the skin of the chicken and discard. Tie legs together w/ kitchen twine.
- 2Bake 1 hour 45 min or until the chicken is cooked through (165degrees) Brushing the chicken with the BBQ sauce mix. Every 5 min during the last 20 min. Sprinkle the reserved lemon peel during the last 5 min.
- 3Meanwhile prepare stuffing as directed on the pkg. Place in 1/2 quart baking dish spraying with cooking spray, cover. Placing stuffing in oven the last 30 min. of chicken baking time.
- 4Remove and discard lemon halves and garlic cloves from the chickens cavities, skim fat from the drippings in the baking pan, serve drippings with chicken and stuffing.