White Chicken Chili
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 cchicken broth ( you'll have this after you boil the chicken )
2-3 tspeach, lemon pepper and cumin seed
1 largeonion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 Tbspolive oil
2 tspcumin, ground
4 Tbsplime juice
2 can(s)great northern beans (15 oz each)
2 pkgfrozen shoepeg or white corn ( 9 oz each)
1 can(s)chopped green chilies ( 8 oz )
1 bag(s)white corn tortilla chips ( like tostitos )
·monterey jack cheese, grated
How to Make White Chicken Chili
- In large pot, cover chicken with water. Might require more than specified amount of water, depending on the size of your chicken. Heat to boiling. Simmer until done.
Take cooked chicken out but leave broth in pot.
Remove chicken meat from bones and cut or tear into small pieces. Set aside.
- To broth, add lemon pepper and cumin seed. Bring to a boil.
Once boiling, add chicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is fork tender.
- While that is simmering, put olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. A small one will do. Heat to medium. Cook and stir minced garlic for 1 minute to release all the flavor, then remove from oil and add to the simmering chicken. Add the chopped onion and the green chilies at the same time.
Return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until onion is cooked and tender.
- After onion is fully cooked, increase heat to bring to a boil, then add the beans and corn. Once it starts to boil again, turn it off. You only want the beans and corn to heat through. Don't over-cook or beans will turn to mush.
- To serve: crush up some tortilla chips in a serving bowl. Sprinkle some grated Monterey Jack cheese over the crushed chips. Ladle the chili over the top.