White Chicken Chili
When I requested the recipe, I got a list of ingredients with the following directions: Dump. Heat. Serve. It truly can be that simple, but I've altered the recipe to make it "second-day tasty" the first day I make it.
My family likes this recipe mild. If you prefer spicier chili, double the spices for added flavor.
- 48 oz
- great northern beans
- 16 oz
- thick salsa
- Up to 2 lb
- cooked cubed or shredded chicken
- 8 oz
- finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- white pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- avocado (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
How to Make White Chicken Chili
- 1Combine everything except the beans in a crockpot and simmer on high heat for 4 hours or low heat on 6-8 hours, until cheese melts completely.
- 2Add beans and simmer until heated through, less than an hour. (Saving the beans for this last step keeps them from becoming mushy.)
- 3Serve with a slice of avocado on top and a side of tortilla chips.
- 4If this is too much work: Dump. Heat. Serve. :)