10 ozbroccoli, frozen
1/3 cvidalia onions, chopped
1/2 cmushrooms, sliced
1 ccheddar cheese, grated
2 largeeggs, slightly beaten
1 crice, cooked
6 mediumchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
3 tspolive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Vidalia Onion Chicken Casserole
- Cook broccoli according to directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Saute onions and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of oil until limp.
- Drain, combine with broccoli and set aside.
- Combine cheese, eggs, mayonnaise, water and rice.
- Set aside.
- Brown chicken breasts in 3 tablespoons of oil.
- To Assemble: Combine broccoli mixture with cheese mixture and pour into greased, shallow baking pan.
- Place chicken breasts on top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 oven for 45 minutes.
- NOTE- You may cut fat and cholesterol from this recipe with the following substitutions: light skim milk cheese for cheddar, 4 ounces of egg substitute for the 2 eggs, light mayonnaise for regular mayonnaise and non-fat cooking spray for browning chicken.