- 1-1 1/2 lb
- skinless-boneless chicken breast - cubed
- 1/2 c
- flour-salted and peppered to taste (i use lawry's to taste)
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 1/2 c
- panko (japanese) bread crumbs (if you make your own, use toasted bread)
- 1 c
- grated cheddar cheese (i use mild but make it to your taste)
- 4 Tbsp
- melted butter
How to Make VICKI'S YUMMY PARTY CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place seasoned flour in gallon size zip-lock baggie. Put cubed chicken into the bag and shake to coat evenly. Brown flour-coated chicken in frying pan in 2T of olive or vegetable oil. DO NOT OVER COOK.
- 3Place browned chicken in a 13 x 9 inch pan- sprayed with cooking spray. Be sure it is in a single layer, covering the bottom of the pan.
- 4In a seperate bowl, combine soup and sour cream. Cover the chicken with soup mixture.
- 5In a seperate bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese. (I use my hands to insure that the cheese and the bread crumbs are evenly mixed.) Pour melted butter over the bread crumb mixture and coat mixture completely. (If you want to use a little more butter, it will make the topping more crisp)
- 6Spread the bread crumb mixture over the soup evenly.
Cover the pan and bake for 15 minutes at 350. Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes more till topping is a golden brown.
- 7Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve with vegetable of your choice. I serve steamed broccoli or a salad.