Velveeta Chicken / Turkey
This has been one of their favorite recipes since they were young and still requested today.
They loved coming in from chores or football practice and finding this waiting in the oven. Makes a quick dish for after the holidays, using leftover turkey and stuffing.
- 1 chicken ( or appprox. same amount of leftover turkey) cooked and cut-up
- 1 box stove top stuffing mix- prepared according to directions
- 1 can cr. of mushroom or chicken
- 1/2 can of milk
- 1 pound of velveeta
How to Make Velveeta Chicken / Turkey
- 1Boil or bake a small fryer, de-bone and cut up. (Sometimes I cook it in a crock pot) Or use leftover holiday turkey. Either one works great.
- 2Heat together- soup, milk and velveeta until cheese is melted. Be careful not to heat to quickly or on a high heat. While this mixture is heating, make the stuffing. Set aside.
- 3Once your cheese mixture is melted. Remove from heat. Layer chicken or turkey in bottom of baking dish. Cover with soup/cheese mixture. Top with stuffing. You may add some shredded cheese over the top if you like. Bake @ 350 for approx. 40 minutes or until heated through.