US Virgin Islands Slow-Cooker Chicken
It was wonderful and I have tried to come up with a recipe that is identical. I think this is pretty close. I am sorry I don't have a photo of it but it is really good.
- 1 c
- carrots, chopped
- 1 c
- onion chopped fine
- 1 can(s)
- celery chopped fine
- 2 lb
- chicken thighs & legs
- 1/2 can(s)
- green chiles
- 2 c
- finely chopped tomatoes
- 16oz can(s)
- chicken bouillon
- 1 c
- short grain rice (or minute rice)
- 1 Tbsp
- adobo (or substitute mole)
How to Make US Virgin Islands Slow-Cooker Chicken
- 1Put the carrots, onion, celery on bottom of slow-cooker. Next arrange the thighs & legs so they all lay flat.
- 2Mix all the wet ingredients and pour evenly over the chicken. Stir a little to get the sauce all around the chicken and vegatables.
- 3Let cook 3 /12 - 5 hrs on high or 7-8 hours all day.
- 4fresh spinach torn in large pieces and chopped avacado. Top with a dollop of sour cream if you wish.
you can add more greenchiles or adobo with you like it hotter. my family usually adds it on ech of their individual plates. That way you can have it as hot as you like.
- 5If it gets to dry, just add a little more chicken boullion.