Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkg(17.3 oz) pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets, thawed
4 mediumcarrots, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
3 mediumonions, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
8 ozmushrooms, fresh - sliced
1/3 call purpose flour
3 1/4 cswanson chicken broth or swason chicken stock
1 Tbspdijon mustard
1 tspdried thyme leaves crushed or 1 tbl minced fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tspblack pepper
3 ccubed cooked chicken
1 cfroozen peas, thawed
1/4 cfresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Press the pastry into a 2-quart round casserole. Trim the excess pastry. Prick the pastry thoroughly with a fork. Place aluminum foil onto the surface of the pastry.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil.
- Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, onions and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the flour and cook and stir for 3 minutes or until the flour is golden brown. Slowly stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in the mustard, thyme, black pepper, chicken, peas and 3 tablespoons parsley. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Unfold the remaining pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet crosswise into 6 (1 1/2-inch thick) strips.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the casserole. Weave a lattice pattern over the filling with the pastry strips. Trim any excess pastry. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Place the casserole onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is hot and bubbling and the pastry is golden brown.