Two Lemon Basil Chicken
I like to add just a little bit of red pepper flakes for a little kick, but there are some who sprinkle on more when its on the plate to make it very spicy!
1/2 cextra virgin olive oil
1/4 cbalsamic vinegar
1/4 csesame oil
2 Tbspsea salt
2 Tbspginger powder
4basil leaves, dried
1/2 tspred pepper flakes
1 1/2 Tbspcumin
How to Make Two Lemon Basil Chicken
- Wash chicken; pat dry. Put all thighs in a plastic mixing bowl.
- Pour in oils and vinegar. Juice both lemons into the bowl. Mix it up with your hands, coating all the thighs.
- Using one hand to pick up chicken, season with sea salt (not too much because a little goes a long way), pepper, ginger powder and cumin.
- When chicken is thouroughly coated, cover bowl with plastic plate or plastic wrap, and let marinate in fridge for about 4 hours.
- When ready, take out chicken bowl and let it rest on counter while warming oven to 400*. Line baking pan with foil, arrange chicken in pan, and pour marinade over chicken.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes and paprika on top of chicken.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes. Chicken is done with juices run clear.
- When you take the chicken out, sprinkle tops with basil leaves; just crush them in your fingers.
- Cover chicken pan with foil and let rest for about 15 minutes; serve and enjoy :)