Turkey or Chicken Creole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 cfresh, sliced mushrooms (about 11 large)
1/2 ccoarsely chopped onion
2 tspfresh lemon juice (about half of a lemon)
1 ccoarsely chopped green pepper
1/2 csliced celery
2 cchopped tomatoes (about 3 medium)
1 1/2 cchicken (or turkey) stock
1/4 cwhite wine
2 ccooked turkey or chicken, diced
1 tspsalt (optional)
How to Make Turkey or Chicken Creole
- Saute mushrooms and onions in margarine and lemon juice until onions are translucent and soft.
- Add remaining veggies and cook until tender--about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and stock until mixture is smooth and add to veggies.
- Add wine and cook until soft until sauce begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Serve over rice or noodles.