Serve it with broccoli or a green salad and you've got an excellent meal!
You can use chicken, turkey or leave it meatless. This is absolutely comfort food at its best!
I hope you try it and agree!
Next time I make this, I will post a photo.
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 6 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 3 c
- chicken stock, no salt
- 1 c
- whipping cream or 2% milk, fat free half and half
- 1 pkg
- 16 ounce, linguine, cooked and drained
- 2 can(s)
- albacore tuna (i use large foil packages)
- 1 jar(s)
- 4 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 5-10 dash(es)
- hot pepper sauce, more or less to your taste
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesean cheese
How to Make Tuna Tetrazzini
- 1Cook linguine according to directions, and drain.
- 2In saucepan, melt butter, add flour, stir until smooth. Add salt, pepper and tarragon. Stir until well blended.
- 3Gradually add stock and stir until smooth and thickened over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in whipping cream or milk. You can use any milk you like, fat free is great. I have made it with what I have on hand and it is always mmmmm good.
- 4Stir 2 cups of sauce into drained pasta and mix well. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Make a well in center of noodles. Push noodles from center up around the sides of the pan leaving some noodles on the bottom of the pan creating a Well.
- 5To the rest of the sauce, add the tuna ( or if using turkey or chicken) pimentos, hot sauce and 1/4 cup parmesean. Mix well.
Pour into the center of the dish/well. Sprinkle with remaining parmesean cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes, uncover, bake another 20-30 minutes.
- 6I have made this dish adding fresh mushrooms or sliced green olives in addition and was very good.