★★★★★ 3 votes5
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic flavored olive oil
- 3 lb
- chicken legs
- 1/2 c
- garlic pegs
- 2 tsp
- 'kitchen bouquet' browning sauce
- 1/4 c
- poultry seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- lawry's seasoning salt
How to Make TRINIDAD STEWED CHICKEN
- 1Season chicken the day before you plan to cook. Sprinkle on generous amounts of POULTRY SEASONING, SAGE, ONION POWDER, GARLIC POWDER,& McCormic GARLIC & HERB (no salt) seasoning. Add Lawry's seasoning salt but not much because it IS SALT, so be careful NOT to over salt.
Place in zip lock bag in fridge over night so seasonings can marinate in.
- 2Chop ONIONS.
Smash & chop GARLIC PEGS.
- 3Add Kitchen Bouquet BROWNING SAUCE and 1/4 C CATSUP
to chicken and mix well.
- 4Heat oil in large pot or use 2 pots, so you don't crowd the chicken...
It will cook faster if you use 2 pots
Add CHICKEN, and 1 ONION cook 20 minutes, turning often over med hi heat. Turn heat to low & continue to cook until chicken is done, about 30 minutes. Stir often & turn meat as needed.
- 5Add in 1/4 c CATSUP, 1/4 - 1/2 C WATER, & the second ONION. Put lid on pots. Cook 20 more minutes on low heat. Makes a nice gravy to serve over rice.
START COOKING RICE NOW.