Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 jar(s)
- h.e.b. cilantro salsa or any brand salsa 16oz.
- 4 can(s)
- hill country fare chicken broth or other brand 14.5oz
- 1 pkg
- fully cooked sliced chicken breast 12oz bag
- 1 pkg
- shredded jalapeno jack cheese 8oz
- white corn tortillas cut into strips
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1Combine cilantro salsa, chicken broth and sliced chicken in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce to low heat. Cook soup 10 min.
- 2While soup is cooking, pour oil in a heavy skillet and heat over high heat for 3 min. Place a handful of tortilla strips into the oil and fry into crisp ( about 1 min). Drain strips on paper towels.
Note: Instead of frying strips spread out on cookie sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray and bake till lightly brown and crisp.
- 3Top each bowl of soup with fried tortilla chips and 1/4 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese. For added flavor add 3 slices of avocado to each bowl of soup.