Tomato Soup With Chicken, Tortellini, Spinach
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, cold
- onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- 1/2 bottle
- chicken broth, low salt
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 can(s)
- spinach (or fresh)
- 1/2 box
- fresh tortellini 4 cheese ( or whichever you like)
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 tsp
- chopped cilantro
- 3 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Tomato Soup With Chicken, Tortellini, Spinach
- 1Chop tomatoes and pit tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
- 2Set tomatoes aside. In a pot, put olive oil and butter. put the heat on medium and put in onions and garlic and cook until the onions are sweated and slightly browned.
- 3Add tomato paste coat the onions and garlic and when fully coated add tomatoes.
- 4stir. and add chicken stock. cook on low/medium for about 20 mins or until the tomatoes are very very soft.
- 5let cool. and then blend until smooth. when finish blending run through strainer and put back in the pot
- 6add water and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. meanwhile, add spinach and cliantro, make sure if using canned spinach to take out all the water run through strainer if you have to. then add spinach. and let simmer
- 7clean and dice chicken and season to you liking for example salt pepper, adobo, garlic powder etc. and in a different pan cook chicken. when the chicken is done add chicken to the pot with the soup and spinach. let cook for about 15mins
- 8make sure everything is to your liking add more heavy cream or water if you need to. Now add tortellni, continue to cook on low medium heat for about 15 mins
- 9now add salt and pepper and cayenne pepper and continue to taste until you feel it is perfect to your liking. i like to add dried parsley, adobo and a little bit of cumin and oregano. But make it to your liking. cook on low heat for about 10 mins and TADA!