Tom and Kelly's Tender Chicken Fried Steak
Photo by me
- boneless pork loin chops, have butcher "cube" them just as they do cubed beef, takes seconds
- 1/2 cup
- flour seasoned with salt and pepper, don't be shy with it and taste it, it won't kill you
- beaten egg
- 1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 cups
- "chicken in a biskit" crackers, finely crushed, more if needed
- 3 Tbl.
- vegetable oil
- 3 Tbl.
- butter, more if needed for frying
How to Make Tom and Kelly's Tender Chicken Fried Steak
- 1*Have your butcher "cube" 2 lean boneless pork chops for you. In pie plate, place flour. Season with as much salt and pepper as you like. (This may sound bad, but do this, lick or wet the tip of your pinkie finger and dip it into your seasoned flour to taste. It should taste just a bit too salty and should have a nice amount of pepper. Sorry, but it's really the only way to tell. (I watched a chef do this once, and she was exactly right.) In another pie plate beat egg and beat in buttermilk.
In third pie plate, place cracker crumbs. Lightly coat chops on both sides in flour mixture. Dip one at a time into egg mixture, letting excess drip off, then coat nicely in cracker crumbs. Pat on.
Place chops onto hot oil and butter mixture over medium heat and fry for about 3-4 minutes or til golden brown. Turn and fry other side til done (*you may need 2 large spatulas to do this!), about another 3-4 minutes or til golden brown on both sides. Serve with gravy, mashed potatoes, biscuits and vegetables.
VERY tender, juicy, and you can't even tell that it wasn't made with beef. You will be amazed!!!