·boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (or turkey)
1 pkgbaby spinach
·garlic and herb cheese (of your choice)
·salt and pepper
How to Make This-is-how-college-kids-make-it-fancy Chicken
- I never measure anything so all the ingredients are an approximation. Have fun and add as much or as little of an ingredient as you like!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts so they lay flat and you can close like a book.
- In a saucepan, put (approx 1 tbsp) olive oil, (1 1/2 tsp) roasted garlic, and a dash of the sundried tomato juice and bring to heat. once warm, add sliced almonds.
- stir occasionally until almonds are aromatic and brown. Add spinach, cover, and allow spinach to reduce. stir occasionally.
- Turn off heat and set saucepan away from burner. Time to assemble the chicken!
- on one side of the butterflied chicken, salt and pepper. Then spread with good amount of garlic and herb cheese. Top with some of the spinach and almond mixture from the saucepan. Sprinkle with basil and a bit more salt. Close chicken breast like a book and tie with kitchen twine. Top breasts with a bit more salt and pepper, garlic, basil, and more of the juice from the sundried tomatoes.
- bake in oven 30-40 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken and personal oven.
- serve with anything....here's how i did it. and trust me y'all...it couldnt be any yummier...cover the plate with cooked quiona and top with a triangle of laughing cow garlic and herb cheese triangle. heat in the microwave so that the cheese is hot and will melt when you touch it. spread it over the top of the quinoa and then top with the chicken. SOOOO YUM!